I have two copies of my 2008 calendar to give away to two different blog visitors (plus a surprise gift!). Here's the rules: Post a comment on the following topic and I'll draw from the names of people who comment on or before January 31st for the prize. Then once I've contacted the winner you'll be sent the prize (please don't leave your address in the blog comment section but rather leave a website or blog address/email where I can get this from you privately)!
Here's the topic:
"Green Illustration & Design" (what are you doing to make your illustrations and office more environmentally friendly? Any links to good office crafts out or recycled goodies? And if you're not an illustrator or designer what are you doing to make your home more eco-friendly?)
As you know, I use junk! I always examine what I'm going to throw away to see what I could use it for. I also keep all my paper scraps to use later. I have paper everywhere!!
ReplyDeleteI owe you and email and I'm going to send it right now!!
after christmas i found myself with a ton of tissue paper so rather than throw it away, i've been transfering graphic photos onto it and layering it on canvas and rolling paint over top ~ its been fun and a great way to use up the tissue paper :)
ReplyDeleteI am not an illustrator but I am a crafter/creator and I have pledged to only create things with the items I have. I have more then enough supplies to get creative with and do not need to purchase more, especially things like scrapbook papers and fabric. It's like recycling, only it's not been used yet, just sitting around waiting for me to use it. Ok, it's more like cycling. :) Thanks for the chance to win!
ReplyDeleteI'm saving most things on my computer rather than printing out everything, and I usually send invoices etc. as digital files instead of in the mail. When there's small leftover pieces of watercolor paper after I have painted something I save them and find something to use them for later (postcards etc.) Hopefully I can save a little cute tree by doing these things :)
ReplyDeleteAnette Heiberg
www.anetteheiberg.com
Love your work! I recycle my ink cartridges and printer paper. I'm also squeezing spot illustrations onto my "scraps" of Canson paper.
ReplyDeleteI illustrate with felt and one of my goals is to start using recycled wool felt sweaters found at the thrift stores.
ReplyDeleteTo get an idea of what I mean, here is an artist that does just that. Very inspiring!
http://blog.betzwhite.com/
~Roz
Hi Crystal...
ReplyDeletegreat idea...I am known as the Green Artist here in Ontario...I was even featured in a major paper about my special work...
I take wood from a furniture maker that he usually pays to have removed and sculpt it into 3d scenes for the holidays...I also take dried gourds and make special fine art santas on them.... you can check these out on my web site under Seasonal green art...
http://www.dianaevans.ca/html/seasonal_green_art.html
I also use all of my scraps to make special cards for my family and friends...
I am also taking part in earthhour and will be posting stuff on my blog...
you should look into this and help spread the word...
http://www.earthhour.org/
have a great day!
Cheers,
Diana
Hi Crystal,
ReplyDeleteI am trying to reduce my paper pile this year and hopefully sketch digitally, but its a learning curve for me. So we'll see! I think generally reducing any paper pile (bills, invoices) to electronic pdfs is a good thing.
General house stuff include using more environmentally safe cleaning products, some stuff out there right now is pretty toxic (just the smell is strong and bad.) So I am a big fan of Method products.
Crystal,
ReplyDeleteI love mixed media collage when I am illustrating and use different types of papers and patterns and in my designs. I hate to waste anything so keep all my bits of scraps for "someday projects" and use the smallest bits of tracing paper rather than the whole sheet. Must be the "input" in me. :)
Thanks everyone for your comments thus far! I'm so excited to put together some packages for the winners... not too much time left now (one day!)
ReplyDeleteHi Crystal,
ReplyDeleteI'm sketching and painting almost completely digitally now. I also upload or send over email all my invoices and final files. I still have plenty of paint, paper, and other art supplies around here for the times that I want to use traditional materials, but there's no reason to buy new supplies anymore for me - just use the old ones.
Thanks for the comments everyone! I'll be making the draw this morning and contacting the winners via email.
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Crystal