Wednesday, March 12, 2008

halloween harvest


halloween harvest, originally uploaded by crystal driedger.

A piece for my portfolio and a reminder to vary my poses (see the last entry I made in which the girl is doing pretty much the same thing... sigh...!) Tunnel Vison.

4 comments:

  1. I do the same thing, Crystal.
    Very cute,both of them!
    Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit I'm guilty of the same thing too!

    This piece is really beautiful! I really love your style and the lighting/colours in this piece are gorgeous. Really really beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great Crystal! Even though the poses may be similar your contrast in this one separates the two looks quite a bit. For some reason I really like the cute little nose on her! The color choices are also great - as always.

    When I am sketching I also find I draw the same pose for many many of my characters - especially the expressions I do. I tend to do this most when I am sketching without a goal in mind. When I can picture what I want to do right from the beginning my work tends to look much more original because I am more "aware" of what I am heading towards. Anyways, that's what works (sometimes) for me.

    Keep up your great blog (and by blog I mean awesomely fantastic artwork)!

    -Mike

    ps. Has that Children's Illustrators site done much for you yet? - I think I've asked this before but don't know if you ever answered ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. .

    excellent man!!
    wonderful.
    halloween harvest

    is it on photoshoP?


    .

    ReplyDelete