Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Illustration Friday: Leap

Maybelle, grown tired of her usual persuits, ties a bow round her head, paints some boiled eggs with patterns and leaps into the air with joy. Has she gone mad or has she just become the easter bunny?

(sketched exclusively for illustration friday, what a gosh darn treat!...)

15 comments:

  1. oh...can't see ur illo. but i love to see those on etsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE her! You are so talented! How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your use of muted colors. Easter pics are usually so ultra-pastel; I like your approach better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:34 AM

    Oh ohh.. so cute! :) I love you rillo. *teehee* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:40 AM

    She is adorable. What a perfect moment she is having!

    This is one of my favorite LEAP illustrations.

    teri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire the line work in this, it makes it feel like an old children's book illustration. The muted colors give an excellent effect. Her bow says a lot about her - she's got style!

    Valaine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:31 AM

    How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:40 AM

    what a sweet leap! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, Great Blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you all for the wonderful comments. You truly made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice drawing! Perfect, just in time for Easter! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful happy spring illo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very sweet! and just in time for easter!

    ReplyDelete