
In Alberta, Canada, where I am currently living and blogging, the world has become chilly. Frost has killed the cucumber plants and has changed the lush green of my mom's tomato leaves into brown and curled crisps. While I may have to bundle up for morning walks I am finding that my new confinement gives me more of a willingness to start new projects and embark on some new creative adventures, one of which I know is participating in a group art show that about growing up with friends (and local artists) Amanda, Davey and Carla. The best part about this show thus far has been chatting about our growing up and looking in depth at my own experiences to see how they've shaped who I am. The show isn't until late 2009 but I'll keep you updated as I start painting this month.
Does anyone have any good growing up stories? One week from today I'll draw a name from those who respond to this question and will mail the best story a secret prize (this may include a print... card package...). Make sure I have a way of contacting you.
Here's some pictures taken on or near my parents farm this weekend, where I grew up.


I grew up in a city, so am very jealous of your lovely hometown with lakes and beach.
ReplyDeleteAs a little kid in North London, I did most of my playing indoors with my best friend Amy, who lived in the next street. We used to invent clubs, then make member's badges and long lists of rules, but there was only ever the two of us in them!