
My business is officially up and running. I already have one logo finished with the help of my husband (who is also a graphic designer) and the second logo is in very close to final approval. There are three children's books in the quoting stages and a possible ongoing group of contract work through my last employment (a local publisher).
I had a big "open for business" party last night with so many wonderful people I have known throughout the years. They seemed to like my mermaid painting, which I must admit is going rather slowly these last few weeks due to other more pressing portfolio matters. (I am doing a large piece on wood that is full of fish, coral and other oddities. I've always wanted to complete a painting that reminded me of the great barrier reef, which I visited in February of 2005). However! I have a good start on the handbook painting which is encouraging. I almost want to redo it though because I'm simply hating the darn paper I've chosen to paint it on.
So here officially begins my illustration "journey".
No comments:
Post a Comment