
I had the most interesting day today (and perhaps amazing in some way as well). At first it seemed to be turning out to be a hard, everlastingly long day. I scanned my spring girl and went off to staples. They told me I couldn't print my artwork until tomorrow so I went off hunting for another staples... three staples later and I was downtown with hardly a line at all. My prints started coming (the entries for applied arts and communication arts magazines) and so did the compliments. Two very sincere and wonderful business men helped me pick glossy vs matte and on top of it all I sold my very first fine art print ever! $20... and from a staples print off nonetheless (of my mermaid painting). I gave my newest client my blog address so I hope he posts a comment on here as I have a message for him:
I will one day be making prints with archival quality paper (and colors that are much more true to my actual painting) and promise to give you a $20 discount towards a replacement print of your choice. Plus the copy I gave you is yours to keep forever. You never know... perhaps that copy will be worth alot more than you bought it off me for tonight one day? You never know really!
Cheers and here is the scan of my final painting for applied arts and my self promo postcard mailout.
No comments:
Post a Comment