Friday, July 13, 2007

Sunburnt, Fabulous but certainly NOT a professional driver...

My first day at the artwalk was much hotter than anticipated. I was ready for wind and rain but the heat seemed to go right through my umbrella onto what I now like to call my tomato face. Other than the sun, however, the day was amazing. People came from all around to visit and stopped by for a chat (thanks everyone!) and I met a wonderful group of artists living in the city (once again making me feel sure you can make a living doing what you love to do). My friend came and bought a group of us fruit smoothies which hit the spot like you'd never believe while another came and bought up a stack of cards... and retrieved some needed change for me.

The artwalk is so far about discovering the true bond of friendship and generosity among artists. We are not shy it seems to lend one another a hand or to tell our trade secrets to each other. With over 200 artists competing for business I could never feel more than the exact opposite about the experience. I am enriched by this experience already.

But the sad news is I didn't prebook a ticket to harry potter and so had to drive my sisters standard back to my house. Stalling, cursing and wondering which pedal was which (the clutch is on which side?) I'm just hoping I didn't give the poor little car a one way ticket to the garage...

Thanks everyone for coming to the artwalk thus far to visit! (I'll remember to bring my camera tomorrow so I can post pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment