I finally broke down and bought an unlimited "pass" to Edmonton's ReUse Center. If you have not yet been to this amazing place you simply must go (this is a must for crafters, quilters, junk collectors and treasure hunters). It's chalked full of amazing fabric, buttons, binders, magazines, books, cardboard odds&ends, baskets, jars, clothes pins, magnets, pins, seashells and so so much more. It's free to donate items and it's only $2 for as much as you can stuff into your car (or as little) or $20 for a year of unlimited, take all you want pass. I found a book with patterns for stuffed animals in it and it's darling (I also found fun fabric to make these items... hmmm, should have taken some buttons for the eyes, oh well). I found a working music box, some fun pins for my bulletin board (i use pins, not push pins for my bulletin board), thread and a strange looking dolphin floaty thing for my fish tank (no crafting required).
The reuse center is located at 10004-103A Ave (in front of the CN Tower). See the hours and list of items that are found/can be donated by clicking on the title of this blog.
Happy crafting!

*photo from reuse center website*
No comments:
Post a Comment