Sunday, June 22, 2008

Illustration Friday - Hoard


Elliot had tendencies to hoard the best creatures he could find in his own bedroom, the safest place on earth. He would keep them happy with alarmingly intense stories about the elusive "Mr. Dunisky" who was known to steal bad students for mad scientific experiments in an underground lab across from the school.

* I plan to paint this sketch later this year, pending a break from my other illustration interests.

20 comments:

  1. such beautiful piece, and interesting story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the style, it has a nice soft quality to it and is easy to read. Very lovely!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is he ever going to feed them all!!
    Really nice design.It's going to look great in color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I'd love to hear more about Elliot and his creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great characters. Beautiful sketch. Very intriguing scene - I want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:45 PM

    Really interesting stories. Write more! :D I love your sketch. Its beautifully done. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:43 PM

    great illo, and i love that it has a story as well :) i'm glad i found your interesting blog, now i have a new blog read on my RSS feeds! :)

    -reg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sketch - so many fun characters to learn more about!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! thank you so much for the wonderful comments, especially about writing more often. Perhaps I will consider coming up with a book sized plot for the characters?...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful variety of monsters! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:04 AM

    Wow, great illustration and what wonderful creatures. Be sure to post it when you get it painted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful creatures!
    Love your style.
    Cata

    ReplyDelete
  13. great piece, crystal! :))

    i lovvve the robot!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a fantastic illo - can't wait to see it painted!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is great...

    what a menagerie!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is SUPER nice! I love your contrasting line weights.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another totally excellent drawing in this topic Crystal, I only wish I had your skill. Very well done indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. very nice illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you make a book out of this, what a great concept, and terrific sketch too. Anxiously awaiting more...

    ReplyDelete