Saturday, February 03, 2007




I've been so terribly busy working on my website the last three days (hence hardly any new sketches). I patiently wait for approval on photographs I took of some products I illustrated while at my last employment so that I can start doing the "behind the scenes" part of the website (ok, my husband is going to help me actually "make the buttons work". What on earth would I do without his help that amazing man?).

I had to cancel my "make things for Etsy" crafty day with some cool gal pals of mine. I bought a block to stick knives in from the thrift store which I am going to paint up all funky with cool cows and chickens and things. I adore painting farm animals. I hope to charge at least $40 for it and want to charge more but frankly who would spend more than $30 on a knife block even if it was hopelessly cool in the kitchen? I guess if it never sells I will put it in my kitchen and all the other kitchens on the block will go over the edge in jelousy. Take that.

I will let you all know when my website is working. Right now I'm almost done the "information" section which outlines a bit about me, my contact info, links to cool places like this blog (how exciting) and a picture of myself. My husband thinks it's terribly cheesy to have a picture of myself on my website (I think it's pro and cute...) but I rather enjoy it. Does anyone else have an opinion on this matter?

2 comments:

  1. It's never cheesy to have a picture of yourself on your own blog. I just uploaded one of myself too, though I can't get it to show up beside my profile. How did you do that?

    -Mike

    ps. That monster rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:44 PM

    I think you should have a photo. A picture adds that extra level of humanity on the web and another layer of trust.

    ReplyDelete