Thursday, July 19, 2007

Moon Farmer

Coinscidentally I blogged about this piece a couple of days ago and now it fits nicely with the ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY topic: Moon.



This is what I wrote:

I've decided to make cards for the farmers market (in august) of paintings I have done that recieved lots of laughter during the artwalk. One such design is the "moon farmer" which I completed in college for an acrylics techniques class. As it will be given a new home this week (tomorrow!) I have done a good scan of it to post here. Good bye little farmer!

7 comments:

  1. Crystal, this is fantastic!

    I love this one. Glad to hear you had a great experience at the art walk.

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful - and a little loony!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you bet it's looney! Maybe the title should have been "Mad Moon Farmer?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great style! I wouldn't want to run into this whackjob though :P
    I noticed you have a link to Bologna Book Fair. I've been getting the annuals since 1987. I look forward to them every year! I've only submitted once and they lost my photo and rejected me. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks everyone for posting your comments. Yes, this guy is the strangest person I've ever painted. Perhaps he's gone a bit mad because he's got no oxygen to breath?

    ReplyDelete
  6. heh that's great! love his crooked smile.

    ReplyDelete