Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Big News!

I've been saving some big news for when it felt more official and now that it does I'm going to spill the beans. I'm going to be an instructor at our local community college, Grant MacEwan, teaching three weeks of a course called Illustration Techniques. So far the experience has been very welcoming and professional. I haven't met or talked to a single person that hasn't been of the utmost accomodating and hasn't made me want to set up residence and live there again (I didn't really live there while I was a student but did spend many a long hour there). I can hardly wait! I'm already planning up project ideas that will make their passion grow and their knowledge wild and crazy.

Meanwhile, the next couple of weeks I will be learning how to be a teacher as I'm sure it will be very different from the other side of the easle. It will be a great new challenge which I will undertake if all goes as planned this November.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Crystal

    I have a blog called THE BRICKS IN THE CAVE.

    It is an adventure story for children with an illustrated episode for every day in August.

    I am looking through the blogs, seeing if there are people who might be interested to see it and people whose comments I would value.

    If you were able to take a look at it, I would really like to know what you think.

    It can be found at

    http://bricksinthecave.blogspot.com/

    (There is an email address on the blog as well as the usual 'Comment' button.)

    I hope you don't mind me contacting you in this way.

    Susan Harwood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal! That is so awesome, Congrats on the teaching job. Many a lucky student will be learning under you in the year(s) to come I'm sure!

    I know you'll do a fantastic job. Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete