Thursday, October 25, 2007

Paper Quilt Project


Paper Quilt Project, originally uploaded by crystal driedger.

I feel so fortunte to have been a part of
the paper quilt project this October. It's my first real attempt at a collage (darn! Wish I had documented the progress) and think I did alright considering I couldn't pick out the patterns myself.

The project worked as follows: You get a bunch of scrap pieces of (lovely) paper in the mail, have two weeks to develop a piece out of the scraps (without adding more of your own) in the theme: A day in my life. Send the package back within two weeks and then at the end of the year all artists involved will decide which charity they want the quilt to go to and they get auctioned off. I'll let you know which charity it is closer to the date!
See more samples from other artists here.

A day in my life:
As some of you may know, I've taken up knitting. Both my cat and I adore this new hobby of mine although I have to actually finish a single project yet (I keep tearing them out and restarting).

2 comments:

  1. i've been knitting too and alternate between feeling oh so wonderfully relaxed and in the zone to tearing my stitches out ... sigh ... i've finished a scarf though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too. I'm getting closer to finishing my first scarf and although there are a few mistakes here and there it look so much better than my first... ahem... few attempts!

    ReplyDelete