Friday, May 09, 2008

21 Day Creative Challenge: Day 10

Today's creature reflects my day today. While I'm happy to announce that I'm currently flooded with illustration work (whoo hoo! three cheers!) I have had to quit one of my part time jobs in order to keep my life in balance and am very close to the end of the contract with my other part time job. I'm afraid I've put them in a pickle (which I never enjoy doing) but I can hardly wait to be back in my studio full time! Can't tell you about these projects and I'm afraid I have to keep you in the dark until September on the biggest one but promise to make time for my blog readers (and make time to read your blogs too) during the summer.
ps: Is anyone going to the Illustration Conference this summer? I'm considering it...

5 comments:

  1. Nice take on the theatre masks.

    I would love to go to that conference, but time and money won't allow such a far away trip. I am considering the SCBWI Illustrator Intensive in Orlando in June. It is a bit closer. I can drive to that one.

    Congrats on all the new work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great illo Crystal. Congrats on giving up one of your part time jobs! You lucky bum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation to your new work!
    love the two expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best news is to get so much illustration work that you need to quit your part time jobs...so woohoo to that!!! I'm considering the Illustration Conference. But it looks so intimidating (but I also said that about the winter SCBWI conference, and that turned out great!) Keri Smith will be speaking I think and I so want to see her!
    Let me know if you decide. We should meet up (its in NY yeah?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:15 AM

    Congratulations on returning to your studio full-time!!! I look forward to hearing the mystery news revealed. I like this little 2-headed illo too.

    ReplyDelete