Creature of the day: She's rather human in appearance, but is not a human at all. Not nymph or fairy or anything of this sort, she's rather to her own class. While she enjoys the finer aspects of being "humaniod" such as listening to her record player (built in 1968) at a soft volume, most of her free time is spent near a bubbly brook talking to flowers and coaxing insects to nest in her hair.

Once again: Be the first to name this creature... (I may make prints of this one so it will have more impact than the others!)
Hi Crystal...
ReplyDeletewow...I missed popping by and see all kinds of wonderful work here...I love your renderings of women...you have a very distinctive style...I will think about a name for this piece...
Great work!
Diana
How about Nairi? Found it on the web searching for unique names. It's meaning—"country of rivers" or "river country"—semi-applies to her, but since she is fantastical, you could always make up a meaning that better fits her personality.
ReplyDeleteHow about Harmonia? Literally it means "harmony" in Portuguese (and Spanish, I think) but I think it would make a lovely name for such a happy and peaceful creature, living so in tune with nature and music. Just an idea :-)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, It's an absolutely beautiful drawing!
ReallY? Mac Leopard is having "issues"? Bummer. No, I do not have that, but my Mac has some of its own issues, such as quitting programs unexpectedly. Sort of a hormonal thing, I suppose. :)
ReplyDeleteWell, your drawing is lovely, but my brain is too fried toname anything tonite! I love her layered hairstyle and the butterfly nesting in her tendrils.
I am not sure about a name for her, but she is lovely. the soft shading and detailed line work makes for a lovely composition. And maybe not having a name just adds to her mystique. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteAwesome drawing. I like how wide the eyes are.
ReplyDeleteShe's gorgeous! I heart that little ladybug XD
ReplyDeletecabanadigital.com