Monday, September 17, 2007

Linda Fisher: Art Show on this September

Last week an art show opened up at Stony Plains Multicultural Centre (5411 - 51 St Stony Plain, AB) featuring the work of Linda Fisher. These paintings embody vivid portraits of landscapes, still lifes and portraits of "watchers". If you get the chance you really must go to the gallery to see these paintings up close (my pictures quite frankly do not do them justice). Each painting utlizes an amazing balance of colour (I wish I could grasp subtlety as Linda has), form and shadow. Each brush stroke is beautiful and expressive. These paintings look fantastic up close.

Linda was one of my instructors at Grant MacEwan back in 2001. I have since grown very fond of herself and her husband, Steve, with whom I worked at the Royal Alberta Museum. I'm not sure there could be a finer family. Thank you so much for coffee and cookies this weekend and a tour of your show. I was inspired and very very humbled. Can't wait for your next show!




images © linda fisher. all rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment