Monday, May 05, 2008

21 Day Creative Challenge: Day 6 BARKLEY!

If I'm truly going to challenge myself I have to go out of my comfort zone. Usually, this involves creating things on the computer. For today's challenge I used illustrator (and only illustrator) to create my newest creature. Thank you again so much for the comments as they have kept me going these last six days!

Once again: Viewer challenge is to be the first to name my creature (thanks for the great and wonderfully appropriate names thus far!)

Today's creature: He's elusive and careful but a tad on the nutty side: while he will eat peanut butter he will only eat it on potato chips with a side of guacamole! His biggest fear is alien invasion and yes, his fur is naturally orange.

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to go with "Barkley." Reminds me of a dog.

    Nice job creating this in Illustrator. That is one program I have yet to master for drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:21 AM

    Bingo as a name comes to mind. He definitely seems nutty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Yay! Illustrator vector goodness! Its great!

    My first thought for his name was "Orangina." or "Tang." LOL. I'm not that original.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I have to choose between these fabulous names? Guess I'll have to go with what I said in my blog (first to say a name gets to be the "namer"). So... Barkley it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you sure have a way with characters and the stories that go with them...I think you should write and illustrate a picture book...you really have a way with words....and your art brings your words to life...perfect for a successful pb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! this is terrific! Wish I knew Illustrator. Your characters are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is really great - i like all the detail--- he'd make a great toy (time to get out your needle and thread) :)

    now i love guacamole and peanut butter --- but this is one daring little critter to mix to the two! :)

    ReplyDelete